Veteran residential sales specialist Maria ‘Bing’ Reid upholds the following proven philosophy in regard to the success in a real estate transaction: 1% is a bonafide buyer/seller lead, and the other 99% comprises dedication to service so as to identify and achieve the client’s needs with incomparable satisfaction that translates into repeat and referral business.
After more than 20 years in the real estate business, Maria, who specializes in high-end listings, investors and second-time buyers, knows that dedication, responsiveness and market insight are key to effectively helping others. “I am not only able to help sellers attractively stage their home to attract the right buyers, but creatively market properties to attain maximum attention and bids. On the flip side, I concentrate on honing in on buyers’ unique needs while providing vital market information so they can make quicker, more educated decisions.”
Maria’s intelligence and tenacity were inspired by her parents, both scientists and Guggenheim fellows from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. She attended private school through college in the capital of the Philippines. After graduating with a degree in Communication Arts, Maria moved to NYC where she attended CUNY and met her husband who was studying at NYU. A former advertising copywriter, Maria subsequently started a resume and word processing business in New Jersey upon starting her family. She also taught cooking lessons through King’s, and became a licensed real estate agent in 1988 in Chicago’s North Shore.
Current residents of wonderful Trump World Tower, Maria and her husband purchased apartments as investments in the late 1990s when the building was being constructed. Today they are a returning couple now that their three children are grown who love living in the city once again. “I also believe that you can only sell what you know,” says Maria, a specialist in her building, her neighborhood, and also downtown when called to sell or search there.